Skirting type electric heating overview
So, first of all, we will tell you what a warm electric baseboard consists of. As you can see in the photo below, the modern baseboard heating system consists of a special silicone cable located in the upper circuit and a heating element (TENA), which is installed in the lower part. In addition, the system includes electronic thermostats for controlling and setting the appropriate temperature, as well as heating registers.
It should also be noted that the electric warm skirting board must be connected to the grounding system for which a special clamp is provided (see the photo above). A decorative skirting board made of aluminum is installed on top of the heating elements.
The video below clearly shows the principle of operation of electric baseboard heating:
The main advantages of baseboard-type electric heating are:
- Significant savings in free space, which is especially important when installing electric heating in small country houses or on the balcony.
- High efficiency, which is caused by the efficiency of the electric warm skirting (consumption of 0.5 kW per 2.5 meters of linear heater) and at the same time, a good indicator of room warming up. As can be seen in the diagram below, with such an electric heating system, heated air uniformly warms up the entire area of the room.
- High fire and electrical safety indicators.
- They can be used in glazed rooms (on the same balcony) or on a covered terrace.
- Since the electric warm baseboard is mounted on the contour of all rooms, the appearance of fungus and mold is reduced to zero.
- Installation of the system can be done even by an inexperienced electrician with their own hands.
- Low cost. The price of one module is approximately 10,000. If you take into account that you will save free space and at the same time be able to independently perform installation, you can consider this a good offer for a small object.
- Ease of maintenance. The failure of an electric warm skirting board is extremely rare and that is due to poor installation or if you choose a dubious manufacturer. It should be noted right away that today Mr.Tektum has earned good customer reviews.
- It can be used as the main source of heat in the house or as an additional one.
- Without fear, I can be used for heating in wooden houses, greenhouses and on loggias, as shown in the photo below.
As you can see, the plinth heating system has a lot of advantages. The only thing that makes you think about buying is the cost of the modules. Here it is up to you to decide whether to buy a warm baseboard or not. Another significant drawback - in wet rooms, experts do not recommend using an electric warm baseboard for electrical safety.
It is not at all difficult to make electric heating for the baseboard type. First you need to make sure that the wiring in the house can withstand the total load from all the modules. After that, the power cable must be brought to the connection points and go to the mounting of the skirting boards around the perimeter of the room.
When you do the installation of an electric warm baseboard with your own hands, it is necessary to carry out a control measurement of the insulation resistance with a tester. About, how to use a multimeter, we told in the corresponding article. In the end, you just have to adjust the thermostats to the appropriate temperature and check how the mounted system works. You can see the entire installation process in detail on the video instructions below.
That's all I wanted to tell you about what a warm skirting board is, what are its advantages and how to install this type of electric heating with your own hands. We hope that the information was interesting and useful for you!