What are the profiles for LED strips?
The difference in form and type
First of all, it should be noted that the classification of profiles is based on the type of material:
- Polycarbonate products. Although the plastic box is used less often, it has several advantages. For example, it is flexible, due to which it is installed on bends or irregularities.
- Aluminum box. It is very popular as it is resistant to corrosion and has increased strength.
The types of construction have the main feature - this is heat dissipation (measured in W / m), which depends on the surface area and dimensions. There are several product categories that vary in installation method. These are such types as:
- Corner option. In this case, the LED strip is placed in the design of an angular shape. Used to set the light source in corner places. And since the brightness of the LEDs is large, the profile is made with a diffuser (as a rule, it is removable). Thanks to him, the brightness of the backlight decreases.
- Built-in or mortise option. This is a great design decision. These types allow you to combine chipboard with drywall, and the LED strip is installed at the junction. A distinctive feature of this option is the presence of an edge, which closes a roughness in the groove. Thanks to it, you can illuminate the working kitchen surface and at the same time the LEDs will not protrude from the cabinets. A deepening of the required depth is cut into the chipboard, and a tape is inserted into it. Thus, it seems that the kitchen cabinet glows on its own.
- Waybill option. Such performances are considered the most popular and in demand. This is explained by the method of their installation. The overlay profile can be installed on absolutely any surface. This is done using self-tapping screws or glue. Installation is simple and easy - this is considered the main advantage of this method. At the same time, the bendable plastic box allows you to install it on a curved surface (this design is used to design arches or to arrange round-shaped interior elements).
There are other types of products that differ in shape. These include round, rectangular, square, cone-shaped and trapezoidal products.
- Round option. This profile is used to create an original backlight using unusual LED-lamps.
- Hanging option.Such a profile is in great demand when lighting a large area. The suspension system when lighting the room allows you to remove dead zones and ensure uniform light scattering around the perimeter.
In shape and cross section there are a huge number of models. Their use allows you to create the interior of any room to your taste and mood. This applies not only to the premises: shop windows, office buildings, billboards stand out against the general background due to such lighting.
In addition to the main options, there are several more varieties of the profile with which you can attach a light source. For example, an LED strip can fit in a U-shaped profile. Such a device is used to illuminate the desktop during window dressing or stands and exhibitions.
Any profile includes such additional components as plugs, screws, clips and a protective screen (diffuser). The screen, in turn, can be matte or transparent.
Also very popular was a sealed box. This view applies to pool lights, aquariums and many other elements. In such a box, the LED strip is protected from unwanted moisture.
Boxes differ among themselves in color. Colors are selected for the general interior of the room or object to be illuminated. LED strip also comes in different colors, so choosing the right color is not difficult.
We recommend watching a video that looks at the types of aluminum profiles for LED strip:
The profile size for the LED strip is adjusted to the light source. The LED strip has the following size: in width from 8 to 13 mm, in thickness - from 2.2 to 5.5 mm, and in length - up to 5 meters. For the side glow ribbon, the parameters are slightly different: the width is 6.6 mm and the height is 12.7 mm. Therefore, the standard size of the structure is an average of two meters. But the common length is from 1.5 to 5.5 meters. The size of the box in width varies from 10 to 100 millimeters, in depth 5-50 millimeters.
Profile dimensions may vary. Each manufacturer has its own manufacturing technology and standards. Basically, the products come in the following sizes:
So we examined the main types and sizes of profiles for LED strip. We hope the information provided was useful and interesting for you!
It will be useful to read: